In just a few weeks, the historic Fort York will play host to the inaugural Taste of Toronto festival, a celebration of the city’s thriving food and dining scene. The festival from July 24th to 27th will feature many of the city’s top restaurants and their head chefs. In addition, the festival will have food demonstrations, chef Q&As, cooking classes, expert wine tastings, and live music.
Few of the culinary masterminds who will be in attendance:
- Mark McEwan of the McEwan Group of restaurants (North 44, Bymark, Fabbrica), and resident judge on Top Chef Canada
- David Chang of Momofuku
- Geoffrey Hopgood of Hopgood’s Foodliner
- Cory Vitiello of The Harbord Room
- Anthony Rose of Rose and Sons, Big Crow
- Carl Heinrich of Richmond Station, and winner of Top Chef Canada Season 2
- Ippei Iwata of Guu Toronto
Each restaurant will serve a trio of signature plates so attendees can sample a tasting menu. Admission starts at $30 and grant access to one of six lunch or dinner sessions.
An international sensation for 10 years, IMG’s Taste Festivals are held in 20 cities around the world including London, Sydney, Cape Town, Milan, Dubai and Moscow.
For more information and to get tickets visit:
Savour Toronto be there to cover the delicious highlights of the festival. So, stay tuned for our updates on our blog and on our Twitter and Facebook pages!