Passionate about social media and food? We’ve got a great learning internship opportunity for you!
About Savour Toronto:
Founded in 2013, Savour Toronto is a new, exciting start-up that provides unique culinary experience to locals and visitors. Our primary services include food tours, communal dining experiences, culinary workshops, and food events. We are highly passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on offering enriching experiences!
Savour Toronto is seeking an intern to assist with digital marketing tasks. This internship requires a creative thinker and a willingness to contribute to all aspects of digital marketing. This is a part-time position requiring an 8 -10 hours weekly commitment. The intern may be asked to work an occasional weekend or evening.
• Assist with social media accounts (such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
• Write and publish content on the blog
• Update and manage website content
• Write mass emails and report on social media monitoring tools
• Take photos at tours and events
• Attend food and culinary festivals
• Although majority of the internship is online-based, there may be times when in-person meetings are required
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program or a recent graduate, specializing in Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, Marketing or a related discipline
• Have some experience writing or editing in a professional environment
• Excellent grammar and spelling skills
• Have good working knowledge of social media platforms
• Are familiar with online tools and trends (including blogs, video, digital publishing, online marketing, etc.)
• HTML/CSS knowledge desirable but not required
• Energy with a desire to come up with innovative ideas on how to grow our online presence
• Strong interest in food and culinary related initiatives
While this internship is unpaid, our aim is to provide you with valuable skills and experience. As well, to assist you in building your resume and expanding your networking connections (especially relevant for those interested in a career in digital media or culinary tourism).
Upon a successful 12 week completion program review, the intern will receive a formal letter of reference highlighting their contributions and accomplishments throughout the term. In addition, for the right individual, part-time or occasional opportunities may exist with our company upon project completion.
How to Apply:
Submit application including current resume and cover letter by e-mail to jobs (at) savourtoronto.com
Friday, February 21, 2014.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Interviews of short-listed candidates will likely take place in early March. Start date will be mid-March.