We’re seeking a local Food Tour Guide to join our amazing team of culinary experts. If you love Toronto’s food scene as much as we do and enjoy interacting with large groups, we invite you to apply.
Position title: Food Tour Guide (a.k.a. food lover that likes to be in the spotlight!)
Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada
About Savour Toronto:
Founded in 2013, Savour Toronto has grown to be one of the city’s most successful culinary experience start-up companies.
We focus on providing food tours, social dining experiences and culinary events for locals and visitors in the city.
We are highly passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on offering enriching culinary experiences. We are the proud winners of the 2014 Ontario Culinary Tourism Experience Award and are one of the best rated tourism operators in Toronto.
To find out more information about us, visit http://savourtoronto.com
Savour Toronto is seeking a local Food Tour Guide to lead neighbourhood and specialty food tours. This is an occasional, part-time position (less than 12 hours a week). The guide may be asked to work additional tours and/or events as necessary.
The guide will:
- Lead neighbourhood and specialty food tours to the general public
- Assist with organizing the tour from start to finish including packaging swag bags, preparing food platters for presentations, confirming with food partners, etc.
- Adapt tour content to suit the needs of various audiences such as locals, tourists, school groups, office outgoings, etc.
- Contribute to brainstorming ideas on a regular basis on how to make the tour experience better for everyone
- Energetic, friendly, and outgoing
- Exceptional public speaking skills with a high level of confidence
- Strong knowledge of Toronto’s evolving food scene (culinary trends, local chefs, restaurateurs, pop-ups, micro-events and festivals, etc.)
- Experience in hospitality, tourism, food services or educational background
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must reside in Toronto (GTA) all year
- Must be willing to work weekends and the occasional weekdays
Based on skills and experience of the applicant. Tour guide training will be provided.
We are seeking an outstanding guide who is passionate about Toronto’s food scene and loves to interact with people. This is a rewarding position but nonetheless challenging and requires someone who is committed to contributing to a growing start-up business. We are a young, tech-savvy, and innovative group of individuals and would like to have the right candidate join our successful team.
If this sounds like you, then send us your resume along with a cover letter. Feel free to be creative and show us your passion for this type of work!
Please answer the following questions in your application.
- Are you food obsessed? Tell us about your knowledge and experience surrounding all things food and culinary.
- Do you have public speaking experience? This job requires you to be in front of groups of people and you must exude a high level of confidence. If you’re shy, this is not the position for you.
- Do you have a blog or use social media for your food endeavors? If so, please show us some examples of your writing or photos.
- Do you speak any other languages other than English? French, Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese are highly desirable.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 25th, 2015.
We look forward to hearing from you! No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Savour Toronto!